Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 September 2011

Grandpa's Water was Kerosine

By Maunori Esoke

My uncle bought a whole chicken and gave it to my grandfather to cook. My grandfather wanted to cook the chicken so he put the chicken in the pot and wanted to pour water into the pot before cooking. He got the nearest container and pour the content into the pot, closed the lid and he put the pot over the fire to be boiled.
   After a few minutes, my aunty didn’t hear the pot boiling so she asked my grandfather if he had poured water into the pot and my grandfather said that he had done that. My aunty asked where he got the water from. My grandfather pointed to a container nearby.
   Suddenly my aunty grabbed the pot and put it on the ground, saying that it was the kerosene container. When they opened the lid, they found out that the pot was about to go up in flames, so they removed it and washed the chicken several times.
   Then they boiled the chicken again.


*Maunori Esoke is a ten-year old from Famo Village in Kainantu, EHP. He is currently in Grade 4 at Ambarina Primary School, Madang. His writing appeared in The National's Young Life section.

1 comment:

pagi said...

Thanks. I know the boy. Mr and Mrs Esoke's son. We go to Riwo church together. Thanks for posting it.

-pagi-